YOUR support today will help to sustain and create projects that defend food diversity and foster greater food choice.
As a Slow Food member you join, support and share..
- FUN fundraising events centred around showcasing the best local produce, prepared by some of our fabulous local chefs in amazing locations.
- Contributing to a worthwhile cause while enjoying good food with friends and making some new ones
- A network of people with common goals, from Mexican campesiños and French chefs to Mongolian herdsmen and Berkeley professors, Vietnamese fisherfolk and Italian wine producers – different, unique, and all working towards the same goal with many opportunities for sharing ideas and experience
- A local convivium, becoming involved in any way you wish – organising, educating, or sharing ideas, knowledge and food – to protect and enjoy your community’s culinary heritage and maintaining the health of your community and landscape
- Slow Food’s philosophy in practice – by slowing down and using your senses to become a ‘co-producer’, a responsible consumer who chooses to enjoy quality food produced in harmony with the earth and local culture
- Food for thought, by staying in touch with the worldwide Slow Food network through electronic and printed publications – your convivium’s communications and websites, monthly Slow Food and Terra Madre newsletters, national journals, and the Slow Food Companion
Slow Food Noosa welcomes new members and is always looking for keen committee members to help us to achieve our goals as part of a fun, supportive and friendly team.